1 t. baking powder1 t. baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
3 large bananas
1/2 cup applesauce (I use 1 of the motts 4 oz cups)
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup melted butter
You know the drill. Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl. In a separate bowl, smoosh the bananas, applesauce, sugar, melted butter and egg (beaten) together (I just put it all in the KitchenAid). Incorporate the dry ingredients just until the everything is mixed through. Stir in a cup or so of chocolate chips for good measure. Bake in muffin tins at 375 for about 20 minutes. My batch made 12 muffins and 2 small bread loafs.
Mine came out super flat...not sure why (old baking powder maybe?). They look a little sad, but they tasted really good and moist. I'll probably try these again soon, seeing as how I still have 6, count 'em, 6 overly ripe bananas, but I'll use a new can of baking powder and see if that makes a difference. Until then, I'm calling these my Flat Top Banana Muffins :) If you don't have anything against super moist, slightly disfigured muffins, I'd highly recommend giving these guys a go!
Update: Tried these again with a brand spakin' new can of baking powder and definitely saw a difference. Also found that I could fill the muffin cup pretty much all the way to the top and that made the muffins rise better.

No comments:
Post a Comment